May 1, 2016 Camp Sherman Adventure: This time we camped at Smiling River Camp Ground Site # 19 and our friends and camping buddies Ross and Cheryl (OH and yes Zoey) their cute dog stayed next to us in Site 20. Beautiful sites, large, with fire pit, picnic tables and really close the Metolius River. The weather was 31 at night and 65ish in the day, just perfect. We hiked the trails and visited the Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery, good times. Not to forget the great food, wine and wonderful campfires.
- We paid $6.00 a night because we are seniors and our friends paid $12.00 a night. Not a bad deal considering how perfect the sites and how absolutely beautiful the area is.
- Camp Sherman is a magical place. From the quaint and rustic Camp Sherman store to the Metolius River. The Metolius river is unique as it begins at the base of a mountain. The river starts out calm and serene and quickly changes to a swift raging white water. A fly fisherman’s nirvana.
- The area has beautiful walking trails on both sides of the river and a state of the art fish hatchery.
- Camping sites are large, scenic and most are very close to the river. Lots of room for RV’S and tents. Seniors over 60 camp for $6.00 a night, what a deal. Under 60 $12.00 a night.
- The sound of the river and the wild geese are music to the ears. Wild life is abundant, with deer strolling through camp on any given day. We camp here on a average of 6 times a year. Enjoy and see you on the road. CHEERS